Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Perry Leopold - Experiment in Metaphysics


Perry Leopold - Experiment in Metaphysics
1970, Philadelphia
Folk

Download

One more try at making a blog worth perusing.
Perry Leopold, what every hippie strives to be. Despite the cringe I experience when I hear anything related to Grateful Dead and self sustainable communes, this is still a great album. If Mark Lanegan's music was considered a human child, it would be the product of Perry Leopold and Johnny Cash. Personally, this marks the beginning of another period of self loathing and isolation. I've even made a playlist to help archive the songs that reflect it. Hopefully, the mix will end up being consistent and worthy of placing here. Not quite sure why I chose to begin this with this album, by no means does politics bear any influence over this self loathing. Perhaps it was the Angels of Light albums that triggered it, and perhaps this is just the follow up and I'm just listing this because the sound ably reflects the mood. Does that make me shallow?

No comments:

Post a Comment